SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

We had a pretty cool miracle happen too. (August 12,2014-Redmond 1st)

August 12, 2014


Today was transfers.  I got a new companion! His name is Elder Gemperline.  I'm pretty excited to work with him here in Redmond 1st.  It'll be a good transfer.

As for last week, it was a great week.  We got to go play some soccer on P-day with a member which was pretty fun!  On Tuesday, we found a new investigator part member family! They had been looking at the temple last Sunday, and some members invited them to church so they went and then we got a referral to go see them!  We were really excited.  We even gave them a church tour on Friday so they would be prepared to come to church.
 
We had a pretty cool miracle happen too.  On Wednesday we were tracting and I happened to be complaining about how ineffective tracting was.  Well, a few doors later, we were invited in to have dinner with this family and their teenager and her friends.  It ended up being a great experience.  It was a little awkward at first for the teenagers but as they talked with us we all got a little more comfortable and then they started to ask us questions.  By the end, they were kinda bummed when we had to leave.  What a great experience!
 
Those were the cool experiences that stood out this week.  Elder Kelly got transferred away :( but I am excited to be with Elder Gemperline! It should be great fun.

Love,
Elder Connor Garriss

The Redmond 1st Crew! We all served there.  
From Left to Right: Elder Rowley, Elder Kelly, Me, Elder Beals
 
 2 of my favorite missionaries! And now, they're companions!
Elder Kelly (right) and Elder Brooks (left)!

No comments:

Post a Comment