SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"It's elementary, my dear Watson" (July 14-Redmond 1st)

July 14, 2014

Again, not too exciting of a week.  Elder Kelly had some bike issues this week, hence the above quote.  We got in touch with some of the less active members of the ward this week that I had been working with a year ago when I was first here.  Its been weird to come back and start working with people who I worked with a year ago.  Anyway.  We started an ESL class in this ward, this time with the focus of Brazilian/Spanish instead of Chinese since we have a member of the ward who is very missionary minded and is from Brazil.  She has been doing a fantastic job teaching the class.
None of our investigators came to church this week so not really any updates there.
Overall, it was a pretty hot week.  We got to go check out the Redmond Derby Days again (I saw it last year).  It was pretty cool.  All the bike races.  Holy cow they fly on those bikes.  We contemplated entering on our mtn bikes just for kicks haha.  Strap like a title of liberty to my back and ride!
We spent some time getting to know the members better.  A lot of the ward has turned over and so there are plenty of new members for me to meet and members that Elder Kelly hasn't met yet.  We were instructed by our Zone Leaders who was instructed from the Stake President that we needed to start teaching the members stuff using PMG and helping them to start studying it daily (Elder Ballard, April gen conf.).  We're excited to do so.  The members we have met with so far have been pretty excited to start reading it and overall the reception is good!  If you aren't studying PMG, I suggest you start!
Overall, a pretty good week.  Nothing too exciting to share but still productive.  I love you!
Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss

 Elder Kelly's crash.  Like I said, bike issues this week.
We saved this little guy! *Batman Voice* I'm a bat!

No comments:

Post a Comment