SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"We get to teach Native Mandarin Chinese", (June 2, 2014-Redmond 3rd)

June 2, 2014


Alrighty then! Let's start where I left off last week!

Monday after we finished our p-day activities (emailing, shopping, basketball, the good stuff) my companion had a few Baptismal Interviews so I got to hang out at the Stake Center with the Zone Leaders while Elder Kearley did interviews.  Fun stuff.  Anyway...

We had an amazing lesson this week with our investigator, Jacob! He is from Russia and has been living here for 2 years now.  He's 17 and like the week before I got here he just showed up at church! It was such a miracle! We've been teaching him and he is just soaking it up and loving to hear the gospel message.  Accepted a baptismal date for June 21st and is striving to read and pray everyday about the Book of Mormon! He is absolutely golden!  I am so privileged to have the opportunity to teach him.  He came to church on Sunday as well and we had another lesson then brought him to the New Member Fireside (the fireside where the Recent Converts share their testimonies, really powerful) and he loved it.  We get to meet with him again on Wednesday! It is just the best experience.  If you are ever given the opportunity to go to a teaching appointment with the Missionaries, do it! You'll love feeling the Spirit and getting to see the Spirit touch the lives of others.

Redmond 3rd ward also started some English Second Language classes this last week! That is pretty cool.  We are helping to run them.  We get to teach Native Mandarin Chinese speakers more English as well as help them learn about American Culture.  We have actually had a lot of them ask us tons of questions about the church and about us as missionaries.  It has been pretty cool! We are really excited to continue working with them for the next 5 weeks!

That's about all that's exciting enough to share haha.  We had dinner at the Campbell's house yesterday.  They are a way fun family! I love them! I'm sure you'll hear more about them in the future.  They love us and Elder Kearley is super close with them because he baptized their foster daughter.  Anyway, I hope you are having a wonderful day!  I love you!

Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss
Elder Kearley with a stuffed animal Sloth on his back eating a cookie.  Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment