SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"If that's the day God told you, then we'll shoot for it!" (August 18, 2014-Redmond 1st)

August 18, 2014

This past week has been a pretty crazy week!  We saw a good amount of success together.  Among the success we were able to see were miracles. 
We were able to meet with one of our Progressing Investigators.  She has been reading and coming to church on and off.  We were able to bring a member and taught her about the Gift of the Holy Ghost and its importance to our lives.  We then invited her to be baptized.  She said yes!!  We set the date for August 23rd -- which later really hit us on how close it was -- but she after a little hostile defensiveness, she accepted with the statement "If that's the day God told you, then we'll shoot for it!" What a miracle!  Sadly, she was unable to come to church due to a hip issue this week and with some medical appointments coming up this week as well, she will not be able to meet with us and therefore not make her baptismal date.  But that is not a failure.  She understands the Lord's expectations for her now!  Before, baptism had been but an idea.  She was planning to get baptized "someday".  We brought that someday to reality through this invitation and prompting of the Lord.  This was a needed experience for her and I know she'll take those steps soon now.
August 18, 2014
Another miracle we were able to see this week comes from that story I shared last week about the miracle of being invited in for dinner during tracting.  Well, the fruits of that labor were shown this week!  The Redmond 3rd ward Elders street contacting into one of the boys that was at that dinner and he remember Elder Kelly and I and the fun that he had while we were there and decided he wanted to learn more.  The 3rd Ward Elders put him on date for the 13th of September and referred him over to us to teach!! We are very excited for this great opportunity!
 
Among those miracles, there are many more.  We've had a fantastic week together and it has been highly enjoyable.  Elder Gemperline is a fantastic companion and a hard worker.  This transfer will be a blast!
 
Shifting gears a bit, I would like to give a shout out blast to the Girls Camp girls who wrote me those inspiring letters!  It was such a great surprise for me to have received those and I really appreciate the encouragement.  It brought a smile to my face! :D
 
I miss y'all and I love you! I hope your week is great!
 
Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss
 
 
Source of the Quote of the Week

Girls Camp Letters

Elder Gemperline and myself!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment