SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Hey Elders, we have a last minute change..." (July 1-Redmond 3rd)

July 1, 2014
"President Choi has received revelation that Elder Kearley is to no become
a Zone Leader but is to stay a District Leader in Redmond 3rd and not be
transferred.  Elder Garriss, you are being transferred in Zone."

That was my morning!  Last night, we were informed that Elder Kearley was
being transferred in Zone (about to become Zone Leader) and as he finished
packing this morning we received a call following the quote from above.
So, needless to say, surprise! I've been transferred.  Which I was
extremely sad about because I absolutely loved the Redmond 3rd ward and the
investigators that we were working with.  I was hoping to stay there for a
long time.  That being said, I know its inspired and I really didn't go
very far.  In fact, I only moved about a mile geographically and 1 year in
reverse.  I'm back in the Redmond 1st ward, the ward I started in.  My new
companion is Elder Kelly (I've known him since the Seattle zone) and I'm
super stoked to work with him!  This is going to be a great transfer!

As for the previous week, we have had some fun times!  On Friday, we had a
BBQ for the ESL class that we had been teaching! It was joint with a baby
shower from one of the previous ESL students.  It was a lot of fun and a
great finding and teaching opportunity.  Also, one of our investigators was
able to get lots of fellowship from this activity.  In fact, Elder
Kearley's new companion is native Chinese speaking and Elder Kearley (in
the phone call this morning from the Assistants) was instructed to continue
working with the many Chinese investigators we had.  I think there may be a
branch starting or at least R3 may become a chinese "group".  Anyway, it
was fantastic!

And then we had some fun with spray paint! We decided to go tag the Plan of
Salvation on a wall in Downtown Redmond (don't worry it was completely
legal and the wall is intended for this purpose)!  It was a lot of fun and
is on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter thanks to the Redmond 3rd ward members.
Hopefully, it gets visibility!

Overall, a fun week! I am indeed quite bittersweet at the moment, but I'll
get over it.  Besides, I'll go back and see Redmond 3rd in a year :)

I love you!  I hope you have a good week!

Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss

 The Last District Meeting of the Transfer! District Picture!
 The "tagged" Plan of Salvation #art #mormon.org
Elder Kearley, Myself, Elder Beals and Elder Kelly -- #taggers
 'Nuff said.
 The Campbells, Elder Kearley and Myself.  I'm going to miss them!
(I'll still see them on Sundays).


No comments:

Post a Comment