SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Vivian got baptized!" (July 28-Redmond 1st)

July 28, 2014

It's been a good week!  Got up, did missionary work, went to bed.  Rinse and repeat.

Love,
Elder Connor Garriss

Just kidding, I'll write more than that!  We were able to teach a good amount this week but nothing really worth mentioning happened.  We both crashed our bikes this week, we found mold in our apartment behind the water heater, and had a few awkward encounters.  Overall, not too bad.  We did have a miracle happen.  A former investigator named Kamari moved back to our area to live with his Grandma (Wanda) who is a member.  Kamari loves the church and has been a ton so we are really hoping to be able to work with him over the next week and baptize him either this weekend or next weekend.  It will be a miracle!  Please pray for him.

The other fantastic news I have is that Vivian got baptized! This isn't news for Redmond 1st, but if you remember me talking about Vivian back in Redmond 3rd, its the same one! She got baptized this week and Elder Kearley and I found her together.  It was so cool to see her at church on Sunday and she told me she got baptized.

Other than that, not much else went on this week.  I hope you had a good week!

Love,
Elder Connor Garriss (For real this time)

Vivian, Elder Kearley and Me at church after her baptism and confirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment