SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Soo... Is there.. uh.. anything you'd like to talk about?" (July 7-Redmond 1st)

July 7, 2014

Well, it has been an odd week.  Let's just say it is really weird to go back to an area you served in.  Some people remember me, some don't but it's weird to already know the area.  It was a bit hectic as I have been getting my stuff in degrees from the other apartment since I didn't have much time to pack last week.  The final bit is coming today haha.

Anyway, I'll start by explaining to above quote as the story is absolutely hilarious! (To me at least.  Just humor me.)  Elder Kelly and I had set a goal together to talk to every person we could because we had no set appointments and we needed to really work on some finding.  In the process, Elder Kelly began talking to a man on the street.  He introduced himself, and asked how the man was doing.  The man responded "okay".  Then Elder Kelly asked if he had talked with missionaries before.  No answer.  So, Elder Kelly explained what we do as missionaries and began to talk about the Restoration of the church, asking questions along the way.  The man never said anything, nor did he tell us to leave or that he wasn't interested.  Just silence.  Elder Kelly ran out of things to say and just asks the guy, "soo... is there.. uh.. anything you'd like to talk about?" to which the man said no and continued walking.  Seriously the funniest thing ever! We about died laughing!

We had the 4th of July Breakfast again this year.  Same thing as last years haha but it was more fun this time seeing as I know both of the wards that attended having now served in both wards.  

Overall, not a lot of exciting news to share actually.  I'm looking over my journal and it was mostly attempting to visit people and having no success seeing as everyone was busy or gone over the 4th of July weekend.  I hope to share something a little more fun next week!  Anyway, I love you! Have a good one!

Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss



Pure Delight
 
 The Elders
by Matt Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment