SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Christmas Week 2014

December 29, 2014

It was great to have the opportunity to talk to you on Christmas day!! I loved it! Although contrary to popular belief, I didn't feel very well on Christmas day.  We'll cover that later.
 
Its been a pretty fun last couple of weeks! I feel like I have so much to catch up on in this email since I haven't emailed in 2 weeks.  We spent much of the week visiting formers and less actives that Elder Pulini was working with when he was here the first time.  We also visited a lot of Members.  Elder Pulini was truly beloved in this ward and they are very excited to have him back! Some quick facts about Elder Pulini:
-He is a national rugby player.  He played for the Tongan National Team and has played against teams such as the New Zealand All Blacks.
-He is the only member in his family
-He is from Tonga
-I get to teach him English
It has been pretty fun to get to know him and serve with him.  He truly loves everyone!
 
On the 20th, we had a Stake Presidency Missionary Breakfast.  It was the Stake Presidency and all the Missionaries in the stake went to one of the Stake Presidency member's home for breakfast.  It was pretty sweet! It was an opportunity to meet the stake presidency and the other missionaries in the stake.
 
We did find a new investigator this week! His name is Curtis.  I don't know how solid he is, but he does have a bit of curiosity about the Book of Mormon.  We will be meeting with him later this week hopefully.  Once we are able to help him feel the spirit, we will be able to teach his whole family.   That would be great to have a family we are teaching!!
 
On Christmas Eve, we had breakfast with the Savage family.  They invited over the Muhlestein's and it was a ton of fun! The Savages are a great family although we found out that they will be moving! :(( Oh well, they're moving to Utah so I'm sure I'll visit them sometime.  Later on we did some weekly planning and had the opportunity to visit with Jing for a few.  She's still doing great!!  We had dinner with the Muhlestein's that night.  They had a double whammy of Missionary that day haha.  They are a super fun family, so we really enjoyed ourselves! We ended the night with Elder Pulini calling home from the Gutke's in an attempt to get in touch with his family.  Its a 21 hour difference so we got permission to call on Christmas eve instead.  He talked with them only briefly and ended up calling the next day.
 
Christmas day we got up and did our normal studies and stuff before heading over to the Gardner's for a couple of hours in the morning.  Christmas day was our p-day so we were able to hang out and play some games with them in the morning.  We moved from there to Skyping from the Gutke's place.  After Skyping, we went to the Beatty's home for dinner!  We had a lot of fun there.  The Beatty's are awesome.  We had a good dinner and they gave us some Christmas presents (most of the families out here have, I just forgot to mention it).  We went to the Caldwell's last and played some scum with them before going home.  I hadn't been feeling tip top all day but I started to really not feel very well over at the Caldwell's and when we got home I went straight to bed.  That only last a little bit, because at 11pm I was up and vomiting.  That continued for every 30 to 60 minutes from 11pm until about 9am.  Around 7:30am, all that came up was blood so I called the mission nurse and Sister Choi and was given permission to stay in for that day.  I got a blessing from elder Pulini and Sam Caldwell at about 9 and I didn't lose it at all after.  The miracles of blessings! It turns out I just had a little bout of food poisoning from something.  We can't figure out what.  I'm totally fine now by the way and actually by about 3pm, I was cleared to go out.  All we did was spend time with the Caldwell's because that's all I had the strength for but at least we weren't stuck in the apartment.  What's a mission without at least one battle with food poisoning?? I seriously don't want to try it again though...
 
Yesterday, we had a fantastic day! Church was really good! We had 2 missionary Homecoming talks.  They were quite inspiring.  We had a very rushed dinner with the Millett's because we had the Member and Missionary Fireside.  We were participating in the choir and Jing was speaking!! She gave a amazing testimony!! It was so amazing to watch her speak to 600+ people about how she joined the church.  I was so happy!!
 
Overall, it has been a great 2 weeks.  I hope you have enjoyed your Christmas!! Happy New Years!!!!  I love you!
 
Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss
 
 
 If you get the Refence, you're awesome.




 

 
Gardner's Home
Elder Garriss & Elder Pulini
 

No comments:

Post a Comment