SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Note from Dad

January 11, 2015

Connor,
I am sorry I missed your letter when it came in last week. I was busy shooting my worst score of the year, an 80, in my tournament. I felt bad because I thought you could use a little pick me up but I am happy to say you handled the situation very well. You have really grown a lot since being out on your mission. Before you left you probably would have handled the inspection angrily and with bitter feelings but instead you took it as an opportunity to better improve yourself and I am so very proud of you for doing that. Life will always bring us challenges, such as Elder Pulini, and how we face those challenges will be your legacy. In situations like you are currently facing the Lord councils us " only by persuasion, by long suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and love unfeigned; by kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile" ( D&C 121:41-41 ).
St. Francis deSales said: There is nothing so strong as gentleness, and there is nothing so gentle as real strength. I think this is what you will need to endure this particular transfer and to help both you and Elder Pulini. He is looking for you to guide him with a strong but gentle hand, to be a shining example that he can follow. We all look to someone from time to time and now is your time to be a leader. I know leading others is not really your thing but sometimes we all have up our game a little.

We had a great time in Rocky Point with Debbie and Bruce this past week. This was their second trip in two months and their first time driving. I think they are much more comfortable with Mexico and I suspect we will see more of them. They are very easy to get along with and Bruce is a wonderful cook. It is fun with him because he likes to try and cook different things and always puts a different twist on it. We ate very well needless to say. I think they would like to get Callie and Tracy down with their families sometime. It was a little cloudy but warm so we mostly read our books, don't fall over laughing as I did say read. We also played cards and watched some of your movies. I had forgotten how good of selection you have. When you get home we might have to have a movie session where we watch some of your movies for 10 hours, ha ha.

Cousin Kyle comes in tomorrow evening for a couple of days to play some golf with me. It should be a lot of fun and I am really looking forward to it. The Garriss trophy is up for grabs, except there is no trophy just pride. He is not working right now as his department was shut down when a new company bought his company that he worked for. He does have a full years worth of pay coming so he is taking a little time off before getting back to work.

Well that is about it for me for this week. I look forward to your letter tomorrow and hope you have had a fantastic week. I pray everyday for you.
Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment