SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Well, today is transfer day. Elder Egbert got transferred.

December 16, 2014

Well, today is transfer day.  Elder Egbert got transferred.  He got sent out to Kirkland.  The ward is going to miss him.  But on the brighter side, I stayed and my new companion is Tongan!!  Yeah buddy!!  His name is Elder Pulini and is literally straight from Tonga and is a famous Rugby player.  He's massive compared to me.  I look like a little twig.  I'm excited to serve with him. This is his 7th transfer (for those of you who don't could in transfers--been out for 9 months).  We are going to have a lot of fun together.

Not too much to talk about work wise.  We are still working to find some investigators.  I know we will be able to.  We had an amazing Zone Meeting this week taught by our Zone Leaders.  That was pretty exciting!  It was powerful.  On Thursday, we had a Mission Christmas dinner.  It was a lot of fun.  We watched videos that each Zone made about Christmas.  Some were funny, others were more spiritual.  Overall, they were all great!  At the end, President Choi gave all of the Elders a special Washington Seattle Mission High Expectations tie as a Christmas present! It is so sweet! It has our missions logo on it at the bottom.  I didn't take a picture of it, but I'll show you it on Christmas day.

Outside of that, not much else happened.  I won't be emailing again until the Monday after Christmas because our next p-day is Christmas day and we will be skyping.  I don't know what time yet, but I will make sure you know.  I hope you got my package!!  Anyway, I love you and I can't wait to chat on Christmas day!

Love,
Elder Connor Marshall Garriss

  Jing took us to dinner at a Chinese restaurant.

 The Caldwells! Only 2 pictured because the rest of them weren't home, but Brother Caldwell is who I think of when I hear the talk "The Priesthood Man" by President Eyring.

No comments:

Post a Comment