SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Friday, November 7, 2014

"Yup, I see how all that is bad for me. Okay, I'll live it." (Word of Wisdom)

November 4, 2014

No quote Monday :(
 
And for the first time in a year, I am not having to attend transfers! Its a weird experience haha.  Both Elder Egbert and I are staying here in Pine Lake and we are staying together.  We are both really happy.  We get a long well, work hard together, and both of us would be bummed if one or the other got transferred before Jing's baptism this month!

This week was a great week!! Halloween was pretty lame... We had to be in our apartment by 6pm and do our weekly planning from 6-9pm.  Totally lame!  We didn't even get any trick-or-treaters out where we live!  The Trunk or Treat was pretty sweet though.  We had our own booth (as it seems you already found out from Sister Gutke).  We made a "Wheel of Fortune" using Elder Egbert's bike.  It was pretty fun, and one of the more popular booths.  Got to play volleyball again this week.  That was fun! I love the opportunity to be active with ward members.

We had a wonderful lesson with Jing. We commit her to live the Word of Wisdom! She drinks coffee but as soon as we finished teaching her about the Word of Wisdom, she simply said "Yup, I see how all that is bad for me. Okay, I'll live it." We've made sure to keep daily contact with her as she begins living the Word of Wisdom. Yesterday, Jing texted us and told us that since she has stopped drinking coffee, she has been happier than ever before and her coworkers have even noticed it! She is recognizing the blessings that the Lord is pouring out upon her already! I am so excited for her baptism on the 22nd. I am a little worried because she has not attended Sacrament yet because of her work schedule. Our fast for her went well. One of her coworkers came back to work after an injury and that coworker has Sunday off so she wants to try and trade her for a few Sundays off but Jing has yet to be able to get Sunday off. She comes to church straight from work each week now. She almost made it to Sacrament this week. She requested the day of her Baptism and Confirmation off but I hope she can come to Sacrament before that. We have a lesson with Jing scheduled over at a member's home again this week and we will go over a baptismal calendar with her.  She is seriously the best person ever! I just can't believe how blessed we are to have the opportunity to teach her.

Other than working with Jing, not much is going on. We are trying to find more investigators. We had to drop everyone we were teaching but Jing and a Part Member Family because they would not allow us to schedule lessons, they weren't coming to church, and they weren't progressing. We are just putting our faith in the Lord and his ability to provide for us people to teach and baptize.

I hope you have had a great week! I love you!!

Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss

  The Wheel of Fortune!
 
Our Shower - lol its slanted.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment