SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Friday, November 7, 2014

WE GOT TO WATCH MEET THE MORMONS!! And you have to go see it.

October 6, 2014

What a great week it has been to have been able to watch General Conference.  I hope you were able to see it and love it as much as I did.  It is a great blessing!

This week we spent a majority of the mornings cleaning our apartment.  Oh my.  When I got here it was a disaster.  So we did a major overhaul clean.  Much better now :)

But outside of that, both Elder Egbert and I are fighting colds again.  But more importantly...

WE GOT TO WATCH MEET THE MORMONS!!  And you have to go see it.  And take people with you!  It is a great movie!  I have grown a huge testimony as to the power this movie has and it is not even about our doctrine.  It is about our daily lives.  The people portrayed in this movie and extraordinary but also their daily life involves the same thing you would find in any of our lives as members of the church.  It is extremely well done.  You MUST go and see it.

Between that and watching General Conference, we didn't get have many teaching appointments.  Mostly tracting, and no great stories this week :( but just know I am loving it out here and everyday is a good day.  My favorite conference talks were probably Elder Bednar's talk to the nonmember as well as Jorg Klebingat speaking on increasing our spiritual confidence.  I think those 6 points he shared are crucial to becoming not only a powerful spiritual leader but also a compassionate and caring leader too.

I love you! Sorry I don't have any pictures again this week :( I must repent!

Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss

PS.  Yes, I did buy a new jacket!  I meant to get a picture of it and show you but I forgot :( I got a sweet deal though!  Its a 300 dollar jacket (way better than my jacket and it is very fashionable, you know me haha) but the lady there did some searching and found a way for it to be 40% off.  So I got it for 180.  The Lord provides for his servants.

I'm really glad you guys enjoyed conference.  When President Eyring talked about his Mom I choked up a bit remembering all the things you've done for me in my life.  Thanks so much.  Without it, I don't think I would have amounted to much.

I love you! Thank you so much for all you do, all the support you show me, and for being my mom!  Go watch Meet the Mormons with someone this week! Or multiple people! I promise you, you'll love it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment