SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Friday, November 7, 2014

Whitewashed

September 23, 2014

This week was an amazing week! On Tuesday, Rosie and Roberto came to our English class.  This was a miracle because they have been so busy, but then the member who teaches the class canceled on us!   Well, miracle! We had invited a newer member of the ward, Brother Williams, to fellowship them and come to the class with us.  turns out, he taught English to non English speakers at the MTC for last couple of years while attending BYU!  What a blessing! He did an amazing job and then bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon and how reading the Book of Mormon will improve their English because God will help them.  It couldn't have gone better.

Saturday, Elder Gemperline and I helped the Novelty Hill sisters at their baptism by singing with them while their investigator-now-recent-convert was changing out of his wet baptismal clothing.  That was a fun experience.

On Sunday, we had the entire Michael family come to church.  That is the Samoan family we have been teaching.  They loved it! They were surrounded with the love of the ward.  It was an amazing experience for them.  Sadly, Rosie and Roberto weren't able to attend because they got sick.  But we did get to have Lourdes and EJ (the oldest 2 of the Michael family) come to the Member and Missionary fireside.  It was a great experience for them and we even invited them to be baptized which they accepted!  We are planning for the 18th of October!  It will be amazing!

Sadly, we weren't able to meet with Randy this week because of some pre-existing plans he had to do, but he got back today and will begin to meet with us again.

Well, this week started with sad news.  Elder Gemperline and I both got transferred.  They whitewashed Redmond 1st.  We were very unhappy but it turns out Elder Kearley and his new companion (who are Zone Leaders) got transferred to Redmond 1st.  So I know the area is in great hands but I am so disappointed to not see Randy, Rosie, Jason, and the Michael Family's baptisms which will happen this transfer in October.  I guess it was just not meant for me to attend those.  I have been transferred to the Pine Lake ward with Elder Egbert.  He is very excited about the work and it seems that the ward is pretty supportive!

Please continue to pray for my previous investigators but I know I will be able to do good work here.

I hope you have had a great week!  Love you!

Love,
Elder Garriss

The Michael Family.  I will miss them greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment