SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Friday, November 7, 2014

Pine Lake, Sammamish

September 29, 2014

It was a wonderful post transfers week.  I spent the majority of my brainpower trying to memorize the names and faces of everyone I was meeting, member and investigator alike.  The ward seems pretty awesome! They love the missionaries and are so excited to help us or feed us or do whatever they can for us.  What a blessing!

We had a pretty sweet miracle this week!  We visited with one of our investigators, Jing, and we invited her to go on a church tour.  She was so excited! She has loved everything we talk about and wants to learn as much as she can about Jesus Christ.  At the church tour, she had so many questions we ended up being there for 2 hours.  She just had question after question and no worry about a time limit.  She was devoting all of her time and attention to learning about Christ.  Please keep her in your prayers.

Besides that, not that much else happened that was all that exciting.  We helped a family move from one part of the ward to another on Saturday.  I'm still on bike.  Pine Lake is on the Sammamish Plateau, so I'm back on the Plateau again!  I basically spent all of our down time meeting members. I forgot to take pictures this week.. Oops..  Next week!

Oh! I guess I could share something about Elder Egbert haha! Elder Egbert is from Wells, Nevada and he is a cattle rancher.  He's pretty awesome.  Just a #cowboy (even though he won't admit it but that's because he's not a wannabe/puffed up with pride).  We get along well.  This should be a really fun transfer together.

 I hope you've had a great week!

Love,
Elder Connor Garriss

No comments:

Post a Comment