SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Friday, November 7, 2014

"You love my Koreanglish" - President Choi‏

October 13, 2014

We had a pretty sweet week this week.  We had Zone Conference which is always a great experience.  We can learn so much.  That being said, I'm kinda tired of conferences haha I'm ready to have normal weeks of working! We got to do a lot of service this week!  We did lots of yard work with lots to come.  It was actually a really cool experience!

About 2 weeks ago, the Thuesons' invited us to teach their 8 year old daughter about baptism as she was preparing to be baptized.  This last week, we were over there helping them move a couch-- which was quite the job.  Had to get a hide-a-bed up from their first floor to their second floor by lifting it up over the balcony since it didn't fit up the stairs.  We helped with some of their yard work as well, and we will be continuing to do so this week.  Through the process of all of this service, they invited us to their daughter's baptism!  What a blessing! Then, we were surprised to be invited into the confirmation of their daughter.  That was truly a great experience and I am so thankful for their inviting the missionaries to be a part of it.  Long story short, invite the missionaries to do stuff (service, attend events, etc.) they really appreciate it!

We found a new family this week.  They were a referral from another set of Elders.  We are really excited to work with them.  Not much progress yet, but we found them!

On Saturday, the Muhlesteins' invited us over for their annual doughnut making!  They had a pretty big gathering at their home as they made their homemade doughnuts and apple fritters!  It was so good! And we got to meet some of their neighbors.

I broke both of my brake cables this week.  Sucked! So I had to drop a bunch more money on bike equipment. #biking #16months

I think that's about it for the week.  We have Zone P-Day today! Which means soccer and frisbee as a zone! Wahoo!! Super stoked for that.  I hope you've had a great week and I would encourage you to open Preach My Gospel and search through it for one small section that stands out to you and read the whole thing (including the scripture study at the bottom).  It's a great learning tool.  I love you!

Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss

 Elder Pfister goes home at the end of this transfer!! :( He has been a great influence on me and missionary work.
 
#MeettheMormons

  My new rain coat #hellyhansen
 
Doughnut making with Bro Muhlestein!

 Elder Egbert @ the Library about 15 seconds ago

 

No comments:

Post a Comment