SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Wednesday, February 25, 2015





Happy Birthday Elder Garriss!!!

We are thinking of you on your special day! The big 21!!! I will also say that all THE BEST people have birthday's in February! We have sent you a small package, so be on the lookout for that. 

We sure do enjoy reading your letters. It sounds like you have a real challenging companion right now. Steve says if you have only one you are lucky. Half of his had big issues. Your companions, however difficult they are, are put in your life to learn and to grow from. Sometimes we learn how to report abuse and stand up for ourselves. Other times we may learn patience and tolerance. I know from being married that I had to learn that there can be more than one "right" way to do things. I aways thought my way was the only right way, but "different" does not aways mean bad. The great thing about it all is, it helps us to learn things that will increase our understanding for a better married life or with other roommates in the future. Even when we get to choose the people we live with, we still get irritated with them at times. I have had to learn both tolerance and how to have open communication about things that are important to me (sometimes that is really hard!)

You are amazing Connor!!! We are so proud of your choice to go on a mission. Also your choice to stay on your mission and searve the Lord with all your might. Know that he is pleased with you. You have searved well and accomplish a great deal. I love your comparision with the Apostles finding joy in suffering on behalf of the Lord.   We will find great joy in the next life from any time we have suffered on behalf of our Savior.

I am reading "Jesus the Christ" right now and I love that he nicknamed Peter "the rock" and James and John, who were brothers "the sons of thunder", for their consistency in standing up for Him. I am really enjoying reading it.

We send you all our love and we always keep you in our prayers. May the Lord comfort you and bless you for your faith in Him. 

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Val and Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment