SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February 2, 2015

This week was a rough week but still a good one. We took Elder Pulini to a doctor because he wasn't feeling well (all better now) and our only investigator, Connie, decided she is going to another church after her mother's funeral down in Texas.  She hasn't completely dropped us, we set up a church tour with her for this week but she is no longer on date for baptism.  So we took the challenge from our new District Leader, Elder Mills, to spend 4 hours a day finding and the Zone challenge to invite 3 people a day to be baptized seriously and went to work.  We didn't find anyone, but soon! We have been inviting a couple people each day to be baptized but no success yet and no new investigators yet but I know that it'll come "after the trial of [our] faith" (Ether 12:6).

We had a great Stake Conference this last weekend.  We had Elder Bussey and President Choi as well as our Stake Presidency speak.

In other news, the Seahawks lost the Superbowl if you were curious.

I hope you've had a great week!

Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss


 

No comments:

Post a Comment