SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February 23, 2015
 
Well, this week wasn't the best regarding the work but Sunday was AMAZING! So, just like my week, I'll start with the bad and progressively get better.
 
Connie fell off date.  She had her baptismal interview from our District Leader (Elder Mills) and it went fantastic! He is an amazing and personable missionary.  Although it went really well, she ended up texting us and told us she has no intentions of converting.  She didn't understand the importance of baptism even though we had gone over it multiple times.  Her plan had been to get baptized with us here and then attend her church.  So... She's not getting baptized on the 14th.  We will try and continue working with her but we'll see what happens.
 
Our other investigator Omar is off date as well because we haven't been able to contact him.  I goofed up and didn't get more information than the address and he lives in a gated house so we have to use a call button to even get in.  We haven't talked to anyone yet so there is still hope but he's off date :/
The week does get better though! Brother Caldwell and his son Christian took us out to dinner on Thursday night for a little birthday celebration! Then we went out to visit a few people with Brother Caldwell.  Seriously one of my favorite families.
We went on another exchange this week.  I went out to Beaver Lake with Elder Mills for the day.  We had a good bit of fun and did a lot of walking.
 
To skip all the rest of the monotonous details, Sunday rolled around.  This was the best part of the week.  We had a special stake conference. Why? Because ELDER L. TOM PERRY was in town for a Priesthood Leadership training and decided to do a special conference for just the Bellevue stake.  WAHOO!!!! So I got to see my first speak live (outside of general conference)!!! It was awesome!! He is a really funny guy actually.  He told some funny stories.  6 months after he became an apostle, his first wife died and the prophet told him he needed to get married again because he "wasn't the same man without being married".  His response was "I'm an apostle! I can't just call up someone and go on a date!" haha he did end up getting remarried but he didn't explain much more.  His talk was about the family.  He pointed out that in every book of scripture we read, it starts with family.  The Old Testament starts with Adam and Eve. New Testament: Mary and Joseph. Book Of Mormon: Nephi being born of goodly parents. so on and so forth. The Gospel is all about blessing our families.
 
Its been a good week overall.  Thank you again for all the Birthday letters and things!  I love you!!
 
Love,
Elder Connor Marshall Garriss

No comments:

Post a Comment