SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Saturday, May 9, 2015

One of the insights I received from studies recently (May 11, 2015)


At the beginning of the week, we had a relatively busy week planned for us but it seemed that as we got to each day of the week, the plans for that day would cancel on us.  We had a lot of appointments fall through, and our only on date investigator is now off date.  Results wise, it would seem we had a lot of failure.  Sadly, we didn't find any new investigators this week despite our efforts.

That being said, we had an uplifting experience as we were asked to give a blessing this week to a young woman who was in the hospital.  She had a hear transplant a number of years ago but just recently, her body had started to reject it.  The doctors were able to catch it early and have her being watched carefully and she is now on the long and slow road to recovery.  It was at this time that her less active boyfriend remembered priesthood blessings and he felt that "some divine help is needed" and he requested a blessing.  We had the opportunity to talk with this young couple before giving her a blessing.  They don't live in our area so we won't see them again but we counselled them to seek out the missionaries at their home.

One of the insights I received from studies recently comes from Doctrine and Covenants 42:61 "If thou shalt ask, thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things—that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal" and it stood out to me that the Lord makes a chain of logic.  He says that we can receive revelation which is equal to knowledge which is equal to mysteries and peaceable things which brings (or is equal to) joy and eternal life.  Revelation = Knowledge = Mysetries of God = Joy and by the mathematical law if A = B and B = C, A = C it means that if we receive revelation, we will receive joy and eternal life.

Love you!

Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss

Discovery Park
Elder Beals is sneakin' up on me!
Elder Beals, Elder Hyde & Me

Elder Griffiths and me


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment