SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Saturday, May 2, 2015

(4/21/15) Transfer #17

To start, I did not get transferred.  Elder Griffiths and I will be together til the end!  Wahoo! We're looking forward to continue working with each other.

This last week was pretty fun.  We found a new investigator named Michael who accepted a baptismal date! Please keep him in your prayers. He seems pretty solid and we have met with him twice now.  We did a good amount of teaching this week.  One of the highlights was getting to go to the Ensign Symphony with a less active couple of the ward.  The husband has begun to come back to church and he came to church on Sunday.

One of the fun experiences we had was with our ward mission leader.  He came out with us Sunday night.  After visiting a few potentials with no real success he was like "Why not go contacting?"  So we did.  He was awesome!  He was just walking up to people and started telling them who we were.  I have never had a member actually street contact with us and it was way fun.  He enjoyed it too.  It was a great end to the week.

One thing that really stood out to me this last week comes from a talk given by President Eyring in 1982 entitled "A Law of Increasing Returns".  At one moment, he speaks of humor and its ability to help us keep working and waiting for reward.  He explained something about humor that I had not thought of.  He says "the best humor springs from seeing the incongruity in your own predicament".  When I look at it that way, just about everything is funny! 

I love you!  Hopefully you've had a great week!

Love,
Elder Connor Marshall Garriss
 


Pics:  All those years of Scout Camp/High Adventure paid off as I remembered how to make cheap dessert -- Fried Tortillas and Cinnamon Sugar, a poor mans churro!

No comments:

Post a Comment