SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It was the final interview with President Choi (May 19, 2015)

It was a good week here.  We had interviews with President on Friday.  It was the final interview with President Choi since he goes home in July and next interviews won't be until the transfer after. 
Sadly, I don't have much to report on.  We have been putting in a lot of time finding because we basically don't have a teaching pool.  We have yet to find anyone that shows much promise but we will continue to work in faith.

We got to go to the temple today!  It was a way different experience because one of the missionaries is deaf so we had a session in ASL.  It was the same but different.  It was unique -- that's the word!
I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament this last Sunday.  While preparing, I really learned a lot myself.  I was asked to speak on receiving revelation and sharing the Gospel.  The overall impression I had felt was that it does not matter what words we use when we speak with our friends and neighbors.  I was reminded of Enoch from the book of Moses.  He described himself as "slow of speech" and hated by the people (Moses 6:31).  The Lord responds, "Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good. Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me." (Moses 6:32,34) I have found that when we try to speak the words of the Spirit, the Spirit is present irregardless of how awkward or choppy our words may be.  We will not be penalized for being mortal and weak trying to convey a perfect and godly message.
I love you!
Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss

 Gasworks Park
 The Teeples!
 Temple Trip

 Gasworks Park
 

No comments:

Post a Comment