SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Monday, March 30, 2015

Welcome to Ravenna Park‏

March 10. 2015

Transfers were today and I have  been transferred to Ravenna Park in the Seattle North Stake.  My new companion is Elder Griffiths! I am so excited to be here although I was very sad to leave Pine Lake.  Seattle North is the Stake that covers downtown Seattle (all the famous parts) and so I am serving in a part of downtown Seattle.  Its pretty sweet so far.  Sooooo many people! I am way excited to work with Elder Griffiths too because he was one of my previous District Leader's companions so I know him pretty well already.  Oh man, this is going to be fun!!

Anyway, my last week in Pine Lake was pretty fun.  We worked pretty hard.  We had some splits set up but nothing too exciting to report.  Plus, I had such an exciting day that I can't remember much of my last week... Although I spoke in church on Sunday.  That was fun.  I tried a new method of speaking which included not writing my talk but instead just bullet points.  Not a fan.  It wasn't a very good talk in my opinion but the ward thought it went well.  Enough with these boring details, I'll start uploading pictures :)

Love,
Elder Connor Marshall Garriss

 
Lysander and me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment