SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Monday, March 30, 2015

Eddy's Baptism!‏ (March 30, 2015)

March 30, 2015
 
 
This week was great because Eddy got baptized!!! Wahoo! He was confirmed yesterday and also given the Aaronic Priesthood and ordained to the office of a Priest.  After General Conference, the plan is to have him baptize his son who just turned 8 years old.  Working with Eddy has been such an amazing experience.  Eddy's wife and kids are members but he wasn't.  He finally made the commitment and he is now on track to baptize his son and attend the temple to be sealed next year.  Words cannot express the joy I felt as he was baptized nor the happiness he showed as he came out of the water.  It had been a bit of a scary commitment for him but I know he will never regret it.  President and Sister Choi as well as President and Sister Wood attended the baptism.  Elder Griffiths baptized him and I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost.

Outside of that, we didn't have anything to exciting to share.  We just had a lot of busy work to get done and we had a Zone Conference on Wednesday that took up pretty much the whole day.

If you haven't seen the new Easter Video "Because He Lives" I would highly encourage visiting helives.mormon.org and watching it.  It is an amazing video that can prepare us as we enter this Easter Season.  You can also rewatch "Because of Him" from last year because its such an amazing video!  Anyway, I love you!  I hope you are having a fantastic week, cause I did last week and will this week!

Love,
Elder Connor Marshall Garriss

 Our church building and stake center -- it looks way cool!
 
 Eddy and his family (After his baptism)
 
Eddy and us and his son Steve (After his baptism)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment