SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Monday, March 30, 2015

"Where is Sister So and So's old house?" - Me‏

March 2, 2015

Do you know where family #2 live?" - Elder Pulini
"Yea" - Me
"Yeah, its no where near there." - Elder Pulini

This week was a good week although a bit slow. The members of the ward are starting to act on their promptings to do missionary work! We had 3 members call us this week to tell us they had invited friends to listen to the missionaries! We taught one of them this week, although we already knew her so we didn't count it as a referral.

We were able to attend the Ensign Symphony (The Seattle Area has a big Symphony put on by members of the church who are professionals and the perform at Benaroya Hall -- the mission gets tickets to every one for us to bring people too but we can only go if we bring someone.  This was my first) too with Christian! We have been working with him for a long time and this last Sunday he came to church (although not to Sacrament meeting) and met with the Bishop about going back to BYU! That is a huge step for him and the Bishop encouraged him to start attending sacrament. Not only would that be huge for him but then I'd get to hang with him all the time!! Wahoo!! I love the whole Caldwell family, and Christian and I have become pretty good friends.

We also had the opportunity to do service this week.  Its been awhile! But its been sunny so we got out and did yard work.  Have you ever seen someone cut down a tree with a machete? Not only have I now seen that, but I got to do it too haha. #tongans It was pretty fun.  Elder Pulini has got some real skill with a machete.  I will get a video and some pictures of it next week.  I didn't bring my camera to the service.  I wasn't expecting machete skills.

Other than that, not too many major stories.  Just walking and stuff. Its been good.

I love you!

Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss


Elder Pulini chopping down a tree with a Machete
Action Shot! Chopping a fallen tree with a machete -- I chopped down a full tree but no pics of it and only a video of it falling :(
I tied a shirt around my head like how Elder Pulini does to work and keep the sweat off his face.  I looked kinda weird...
  Elder Pulini

Christian And Me


I tied a shirt around my head like how Elder Pulini does to work and keep the sweat off his face.  I looked kinda weird...
We are all studying Sister Caldwell's homework, except Sister Caldwell! (Its a joke because she works so hard and the rest of us always play around)
The Caldwell's minus Christian because he was at work.
 
Brother and Sister Howey on the Left, and Sister Thueson on the right.  Brother Thueson wasn't around for the picture sadly.
The Howey's and Thueson's Kids! From Left Jackson, Kay, Tucker, Austin.  Serious two of my favorite families and their kids are great!

The Beatty family!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment