SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Monday, March 30, 2015

Welcome to Ravenna Park‏

March 16, 2015
 
Oh man, I love this place!! So to start, the ward is pretty much composed to married students who attend the University of Washington (UW).  They are like all around 26-mid 30s.  Its crazy! Anyway, there are tons of people to talk to.  Its like being in Seatac minus the ghetto.  The people aren't rich (because its a college town) but they are educated and there are TONS of them!

Anyway, I got to know the area a bit this week and some of the members/investigators.  We put a couple of people on date for baptism! The one I am most excited for and seems to have the most promise is the father named Eddy in a part member family of the ward. He is on date for March 28th. We need to get him a baptismal interview and go over some lessons again, but the goal is to have him and his 8 year old son get baptized together on that day. It seems very promising. I have had to get accustomed to talking with people on the street again. I did so occasionally in Pine Lake but with the lack of people walking around, it wasn't a common experience. Here, there are so many people! I get the great opportunity to come out of my comfort zone and really try and interact with more of the people.

The Bishop is super on board for missionary work here too! We visited him the first night I was here and requested Priesthood Blessings from him because the Bishop is who truly holds the keys to missionary work in the area that he presides over, which is the Ravenna Park ward.  The Mission President holds the keys to the work in the mission and to baptisms and stuff but the Bishop also holds missionary work keys for the ward and we are assigned to his ward.  Bishop was very moved by that and shared that experience in Ward Council this week and then in every meeting on Sunday told the members to invite us over to share a message with them and to start doing missionary work with us.  It was a very cool experience!!

Overall, I am just super excited to be working here in this ward! I hope I can share more stories next week, I am just running out of time this week to write.

I love you!!

Love,
Elder Connor Marshall Garriss

 
 My Companion, Elder Griffiths
 Some sweet pillars in the area that looks like they could be out of "The Great Gatsby"
I spilled juice, so we got creative ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment