SEATTLE

SEATTLE
Something that stood out to me this week in my studies was Isaiah 41:10. It was the inspiration for one of the verses of How Firm a Foundation. I really love the powerful words of "Fear thou not; for I am with thee... for I am thy God". It makes me think of "Be still and know that I am God." All things are in his control and I need not worry about every little thing. In the words of President Gordon B Hinckley, "It will all work out".

Friday, September 12, 2014

I'll touch on just the miracles (Sept 1, 2014-Redmond 1st)

"This carpet is WILD!" - Elder Gemperline ‏

We had a pretty good week this week!  We had a great dinner at the Harris' last Monday which is a blast as always! We were able to teach a few people this week as well and I'll touch on just the miracles.
 
We had a lesson with Randy scheduled for Wednesday at 11 at the Library.  We showed up expecting Randy to be early seeing as his pattern so far has been to be early.  He wasn't there.  We waited longer... and he never showed up.  We called him and his phone consistently went to voice mail.  He doesn't have an address and if we couldn't contact him by phone, that would mean we lost our most promising investigator.  Depressed, we left the library and headed toward home, lunch on our minds. We accidentally took the longest way, consistently missing the turns we needed to take to get home faster.  We finally caught the turn we needed after waiting for a traffic to clear and, here is Randy walking with his Girlfriend.  We biked up to him and he apologized for missing our appointment.  His phone had broke and he had a doctor's appointment, so we rescheduled for that evening at 5:30 back at the library.  We found Randy on a street we never travel, taking the longest way home to our apartment.  The Lord had truly blessed us. Randy came to church on Sunday but left before we could schedule another appointment.
 
Sunday was a great day to be at church.  The talks were fantastic! We taught the Youth for their 5th Sunday combined lesson and surprised them with Roleplaying sharing the Gospel, teaching lessons, studying Preach my Gospel and having fun.  There was much laughing and learning in that 3rd hour.
 
Searching through our Area Book, we found a former whom we decided to go visit.  Seemed like a good investigator and we couldn't quite understand why they had dropped the previous missionaries.  We visited them.  Turns out, they were investigators from Elder Gemperline's old ward that he served in about 8 - 12 months ago.  They recognized him and we were able to teach a short message and they became new investigators once again.

Each week, whether we have the best week or not, we can see the Lord's hand in our work.  It is a great blessing to serve!  I hope you've had a great week as well.  I love you!
 
Love,
Elder Connor M. Garriss



Note from Mom:

I love hearing about your miracles...it reminds me of a quote by Albert Einstein
"There are two ways to live your life...
     One is as though nothing is a miracle,
The other is as though everything is a miracle"

I am glad you are choosing to look at the positive things in your life :)

I love you,

Mom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment